COVID-19 Integrative Health Coaching & Support
Your state of mind, immunity and overall health have never been more essential. Get support with discounted Telehealth sessions today.
Get the info you need to be your strongest - physically and emotionally.
During this season of uncertainty and change, we find that our internal resources are required to stay healthy and grounded – now more than ever.
In an effort to reach clients in need of health and wellness support, especially emotional support, during this time, I’m offering dramatically discounted sliding scale rates for those who have been financially impacted by the health crisis.
Sliding-scale and pro-bono services offered now as availability allows. Please ask if financial assistance is holding you back from getting support today.
More About Discounted & Pro Bono Services
Sliding scale pricing is available for those directly impacted by the COVID-19 health crisis. If you have been directly impacted by the health crisis, and have financial difficulty that limits your ability to access our services at normal rates, please contact me and let me know your situation so we can discuss options that might be right for you.
Health & wellness coaching sessions now offered on a sliding scale from $35/hr; available on a limited basis.
Pro-bono slots available on a limited basis.
How Do I Know If I Need a Health & Wellness Coach?
What is Health & Wellness Coaching?
Health and wellness coaches help clients make positive and lasting changes to their health.
The coach guides clients through the process of creating a vision for their health and well-being, developing a healthy mindset and healthy habits, and supporting them every step of the way until they accomplish their goals.
What is Your Approach?
I view health and wellness from a holistic perspective, which means I focus on the whole person, and will work with you to help you thrive emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually.
I use evidence-based lifestyle therapeutic approaches, such as focusing on a plant-predominant dietary lifestyle, regular physical activity, adequate sleep and stress management to help reduce the risk of chronic disease.
I specialize in helping clients develop step-by-step plans to help them with:
- Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight
- Incorporating more whole plant foods into their diets
- Eating to reduce the risk of chronic disease such as diabetes, heart disease and cancer
- Maintaining a positive mindset
- Incorporating regular physical activity
- Getting adequate good-quality sleep
- Stress management
- Prioritizing self-care
And much more…
What can i expect if i choose you as my health & wellness coach?
The process of health and wellness coaching with me progresses through several stages:
- You provide background information through a well-being assessment so that you and I are well-informed on the key issues, including medical considerations.
- During the first 90-minute coaching session, you identify your priorities and we work together to develop your personal wellness plan including a wellness vision, three-month goals and your first steps.
- In subsequent weekly or biweekly 40-50-minute coaching sessions, you and I review your progress toward your vision and goals, explore and resolve the most pressing issues, learn something new, and then agree on a set of goals (usually two) for the following week. You will enjoy plenty of ah-ha insights along the way.
- By the end of three months, you can expect to reach more than 70% of your three-month goals and feel energized and confident to embark on new areas with or without me.
What a health coach is not.
A health coach is not necessarily a dietitian, or personal trainer. While they may be knowledgeable on these topics, they might not be qualified to offer you nutritional or fitness advice.
A health coach is not a therapist or psychologist. While they can help clients to improve their mindsets, they are typically not qualified to work with clients who have psychological disorders.
A health coach is not a medical doctor. Health coaches provide support and guidance, but cannot provide medical advice.
Most coaches will list their coaching qualifications and offerings on their about or services page, so be sure to check there first before working with someone.
How Can a Health & Wellness Coach Help Me?
Coaching is about having an accountability partner who will support and encourage you when change feels hard.
Health and wellness coaches are trained to help clients develop and implement personal wellness plans by:
- Accepting and meeting us where we are today
- Asking us to take charge
- Guiding us in doing the mindful thinking and doing work that builds confidence
- Helping us define a higher purpose for wellness and uncover our own reasons and motivations for wellness
- Addressing mental and physical health together
- Helping us to create a personal wellness blueprint
- Helping us set realistic goals; small victories lay the foundation for self-efficacy
- Harnessing the strengths we need to overcome our obstacles
- Helping us view obstacles as opportunities to learn and grow
- Helping us build a support team
- Inspiring and challenging us to go beyond what we would do alone
How Do I Choose the Coach That’s Right for Me?
Health coaches can have very different areas of specialization and training. Training and certification may vary. Look for a coach who is certified through a program approved by the National Board for Health and Wellness Coaching and/or the International Coaching Federation.
Choose a coach who specializes in the outcome you’d like to achieve. Then, contact that coach for a free consultation call to see if it feels like a good fit. Coaching is an investment in yourself. You should feel comfortable with the coach’s credentials, program and personality.
I specialize in weight loss for women through incremental changes including a whole food, plant-based diet, physical activity, stress reduction and a positive mindset. I offer you unconditional, positive support in a judgement-free space where you can feel free to be yourself. If this sounds like what you’ve been looking for, schedule a free consultation call.
COVID-19 Resource Guide
Get the latest evidence-based guidance specific to strengthening your physical and emotional wellness against the COVID-19 virus.
We’re adding to this content regularly for continued coronavirus support, so be sure to check back regularly by looking for the COVID-19 Support link in our header.